Applications are open for the Finnish Fund for Local Cooperation which is a fund managed by the Embassy of Finland in Kazakhstan.
The fund supports initiatives of local Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Community-based Organizations (CBOs), and other institutions in Kyrgyzstan.
Deadline: 28 February 2018
The objective of the fund is to complement other Finnish development efforts in the fields of human rights, democracy and sustainable development. The approach is to establish partnerships instead of supporting one-time activities, workshops, seminars etc.
The fund has three priority areas in Kyrgyzstan in 2018:
- Support to freedom of expression and freedom of the press
- Support to democratic development and human rights
- Support to collaboration in green economy, sustainable development and energy solutions
- Projects ranging in size from 15,000 up to 50,000 Euros can be supported. In 2018 the aim is to support from 1 to maximum 3 projects.
- The budget has to be submitted in Euro.
- The organization(s) in question should have a genuine, credible domestic basis from the beginning and the proposed programme should not be launched or fully financed by the donor community.
- Activities proposed should reach a large audience and have potential for a broad impact.
- Projects of long-term nature, up to 1 year in duration, are encouraged.
- Cooperation between organizations in proposing joint projects and activities is encouraged.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Embassy of Finland in Kazakhstan.